Sunday, December 23, 2012

Timeout: MetLife Stadium

I actually went to today's game, so I thought I would give a quick review of the stadium experience.

It's essentially brand-new, having opened in 2010. It definitely had that new stadium feel to it too, reminding me a lot of Citi Field in Queens (home of the MLB New York Mets). There are three floors with access to the three large vertical seating sections. Inside, behind the seats, is a pavilion that wraps all the way around with snacks and memorabilia stores. Jets Jerseys, even the Sanchez ones, go for over $100. (Oh right, they were 50% off today, I wonder why.) And beer went for $10. Then again, when you go to an NFL stadium, you expect to empty your wallet to get anything. But $35 to park at a place I already paid admission for? That's not right.

It was a comfortable stadium though, and a good viewing experience. My row was at the top, all the way in the back, yet I had no problem seeing the ball and all of the players with their numbers. Also, all the other stadiums I've ever been to have an annoying echo every time someone says something on the loudspeaker. So I was pleasantly surprised that everything they said was crystal clear here.

Overall, I enjoyed my experience at MetLife Stadium, Jets loss aside. The people were nice, and parking and traffic weren't so bad either, I might add. I wasn't happy with the money I ended up spending, but then again it's not something I get to do often. I had a good time there, so I would recommend experiencing it for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment